If you are unable to send or receive emails in your Gmail account, there can be numerous reasons behind it. One of the most common reasons found to be causing the issue is the reconfiguration of the IMAP/POP settings. IMAP/POP are generally TCP/IP protocols that are used for delivering mail. Any sort of reconfiguration in their settings may lead to issues like problem sending or receiving emails in your Gmail account. To know whether the IMAP/POP settings in your Gmail account are correct or not,
Verify the settings mentioned given below IMAP/POP settings:
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server: Requires SSL
- Port: 993
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: Requires SSL:
- Use SSL: Yes
- Port: 995
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: Requires TLS or SSL:
- Use Authentication: Yes
- Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
- Port for SSL: 465
- Full Name or Display Name: Enter your name
- Account Name or User Name: Enter your complete email address
- Email Address: Enter your complete email address
- Password: your Gmail password
- If you are not using the POP recent mode to download emails to multiple clients, make sure to not to leave emails on the server. Your POP settings in your account settings are known for determining whether emails to be kept on the server or not. Therefore this setting in your email client will not affect how Gmail manages your emails.
- In case your email client doesn’t support SMTP authentication, you will not be able to send emails via the client using your Gmail account.
- If you are facing a problem sending email through your email client even after activating the encryption for SMTP in your client, try configuring the SMTP server on a different port like 465 or 587.
So, this is how you can easily fix sending or receiving email issues in your Gmail account. However, if the problem still persists, it is best to seek assistance from our third-party Gmail customer support team. Our team has ample experience and proficiency in dealing with all Gmail related issues and queries regardless of their complexity.
To reach our customer support experts, feel free to call on our customer service helpline number (toll-free). Also, you can send us an email regarding your query or you can have a one-to-one session with our experts. All our communication lines are available 24 by 7.